Inviting our NorCal Members & Prospective Members to participate in a Sexual Harassment Prevention Training on October 19th. Our sister chapter, NARI Silicon Valley, will host the event. Registration fees are $25/pp and includes the cost of an attorney specialist, electronic handbooks [in English or Spanish], and a completed training certificate.
Harassment Prevention Training
Under SB 1343, all California companies with 5 or more employees must provide sexual harassment training to all employees. Non-supervisory employees must receive at least one hour of sexual harassment training and supervisors must receive at least two hours of sexual harassment training. This training must be renewed every two years and be provided to any new hire within six months of their hire date or promotion to a supervisory position. This course meets the state-mandated requirements. The first hour is designed for all employees and the second hour contains information specifically for supervisors.
Companies wanting to register more than 5 staff can use the large group registration spreadsheet linked to this page under Documents. Email the spreadsheet to the NARI Silicon Valley Office and you will be sent an e-invoice for registration fees payment.
What You Will Learn:
- How state and federal laws define “sexual harassment” and how to identify it in the workplace
- What to do if you experience sexual harassment
- How to develop a sexual harassment policy
- How to respond to a complaint of harassment and discrimination
- How to conduct an internal sexual harassment investigation to avoid liability
All training will include questions that assess learning, skill-building activities to assess understanding and application of content, and hypothetical scenarios about harassment with discussion questions.
Who Should Attend:
Employees of companies with 5 or more employees. Non-Supervisory and Supervisory employees.
NARI Silicon Valley has invited Rachael Brown of Sweeney, Mason, Wilson & Bosomworth to return to train and teach our members regarding this important topic. At the end of training all will receive a certificate which companies can hold in employee files.
- 7:50 AM | attendee log in to Zoom
- @8:00 – 9:00 AM | training webinar for employees AND owners/supervisors
- @9:00 – 10:00 AM | additional hour training workshop for owners/supervisors only
MEMBERS & GUESTS OF SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA NARI, NORTH BAY NARI, and NARI OF DIABLO VALLEY
A live video stream paid option will also be available. Registration for this option will open at a later date.
IMPT EVENT NOTE: we will follow these COVID19 Public Health Safety Measures for this indoor event:
1) Attendees will be spaced out with 5 people at a banquet table [normally seats 10 people]. Doors & windows can be kept open at periods of time for some air circulation, but only at the temperature comfort of all guests.
2) Attendees will WEAR MASKS AT ALL TIMES except when actively eating, drinking, or speaking at the podium during the BARA program.
3) Attendees will need to prepare to SHOW VALID COVID19 VACCINATION RECORD [hardcopy or electronic] at the registration check-in table. If medical or religious exception, please present valid vaccine exemption waiver AND valid proof of negative COVID19 test result 72 hours before the event.