Inviting our NorCal Members & Prospective Members to participate in a Sexual Harassment Prevention Training on October 19th. Our sister chapter, NARI Silicon Valley, will host the event. Registration fees are $25/pp and includes the cost of an attorney specialist, electronic handbooks [in English or Spanish], and a completed training certificate.
Harassment Prevention Training
Under SB 1343, all California companies with 5 or more employees must provide sexual harassment training to all employees. Non-supervisory employees must receive at least one hour of sexual harassment training and supervisors must receive at least two hours of sexual harassment training. This training must be renewed every two years and be provided to any new hire within six months of their hire date or promotion to a supervisory position. This course meets the state-mandated requirements. The first hour is designed for all employees and the second hour contains information specifically for supervisors.
Companies wanting to register more than 5 staff can use the large group registration spreadsheet linked to this page under Documents. Email the spreadsheet to the NARI Silicon Valley Office and you will be sent an e-invoice for registration fees payment.
What You Will Learn:
- How state and federal laws define “sexual harassment” and how to identify it in the workplace
- What to do if you experience sexual harassment
- How to develop a sexual harassment policy
- How to respond to a complaint of harassment and discrimination
- How to conduct an internal sexual harassment investigation to avoid liability
All training will include questions that assess learning, skill-building activities to assess understanding and application of content, and hypothetical scenarios about harassment with discussion questions.
Who Should Attend:
Employees of companies with 5 or more employees. Non-Supervisory and Supervisory employees.
NARI Silicon Valley has invited Rachael Brown of Sweeney, Mason, Wilson & Bosomworth to return to train and teach our members regarding this important topic. At the end of training all will receive a certificate which companies can hold in employee files.
- 7:50 AM | attendee log in to Zoom
- @8:00 – 9:00 AM | training webinar for employees AND owners/supervisors
- @9:00 – 10:00 AM | additional hour training workshop for owners/supervisors only